Monday 17 December 2012

When you can tell the story and it doesn't bring up any pain, you know it is healed. 
-Lyanla Vanzant

If that really is the case, then no, I'm not healed. I'm not healed because of the way things ended. You once said to me that "Ohana means family. and family means that nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

What happened to our 'family' now? Have you forgotten about us? 

After so long, I finally admit that I'm not over us. What we had was special. 4 years of friendship. We were as close as soul mates  We trusted each other with every tiny little secret, secrets that no one else know about. And yet look at us now. What happened?

I'm tired. I really am. I'm always the one here trying to keep the conversation going between us. The whatsapp convo. I FUCKING POURED MY HEART OUT TO YOU, hoping you will get the hint and at least start doing something about it. But no, instead, you accuse me of hinting that I wanted you to leave her, your other mei.

Honestly, did you really think I thought of that? That thought never once occurred to me at all. NOT ONCE. to think that you even thought I would think of that, was just atrocious, simply absurd. 

All I ever wanted was for us to be as close as we were before. To be close again. For you to want to spend more time with me, and not always her. Yeah, I'm jealous. But what difference does it make now?

You said that I value my pride more than our friendship, but look who's valuing who's pride over this friendship. Just think about it. Think. You're not always absolved of the blame, bro. 

Everyone' at fault, just not you, eh?

I'm done trying. I really am. For now, I'm just going on it. Work on being able to repeat the story, without bringing up any pain. To know that I have healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment